CYC - Sailing Section rules and points system
The CYC - Sailing Section is open to motor and sail
The Rules (updated for 2017):
The rules have been updated for 2017 to give EVERYONE a better chance of winning; even those who can only sail at weekends. The new rules for 2017 are underlined.
- You must log your trip on this site as soon as you can but in any case no longer than 30 days after your trip.
- The competition runs from January to December.
- You may be called upon to provide evidence of your trip to the satisfaction of the administrator. Take a 'selfie' while you're at your destination or enter the trip in your ships log.
- You must do the whole trip and be in your own boat when arrive at the destination (or being towed in your boat).
- Points are awarded to the boat and not to you, so you cannot get points crewing on someone else's boat.
- You can gain points EVERY TIME you visit a destination in the year.
- There will be THREE mystery destinations in the Bristol Channel which gain 10 extra bonus points when visited.
- The points system is public but the points you gain are not revealed until the end of the year.
- Additional bonus points may be awarded for outstanding and adventurous cruising or pushing personal boundries.
- The trophy will be presented to the skipper(s) of the winning boat at the annual dinner.
- The trophy cannot be awarded to the same boat for a period of three years.
The points system:
- 2 points - Visit a Yacht Club listed in The Blue Book (available in the Club).
- 1 point - Visit a marina, anchorage or mooring anywhere in the world.
- Bonus points are awarded if you log the mystery destination with a 'selfie'.
- Bonus points can be awarded for impressive sailing achievements during the year.