How CYC - Sailing Section works
The aim is to encourage more cruising in the Bristol Channel and beyond.
To use this system you:
- Login (after you have registered via the login screen)
- That takes you to your own Control Panel where you can:
- Add trips to your log.
- View trips already logged.
- Delete trips already logged.
- View some stats.
- Change email address and password.
- Allow publicity (more below).
- To add a trip to your log
- Click on New Trip
- That takes you to the Add a Trip screen where you can:
- Take a picture using your mobile phone. Just click on the
- Browse for an image already taken or
- Take a picture with your phone camera (depends on your phone)
- Enter a date either freehand, using the calendar or your phones own system
- Select from pre-entered destinations OR
- Enter your own destination ONLY if its not already listed above.
- Add a short supporting note
- If your trip was a Club organised cruise:
- Choose 'Other' if you took part in or visited during ANOTHER CLUBS ragatta
- Choose 'CYC organised' if it was a cruise or regatta organised by THIS CLUB.
- If it was neither then DO NOT make a selection here.
- Press 'Submit' to add your trip to your log.
- Take a picture using your mobile phone. Just click on the camera.
- That returns your to your Control Panel where you should see your trip and selfie
Please do not select a regatta or cruise if you did not do it and do not add a regatta or cruise in the destinations list. If you made a mistake with your log entry just delete it and start again. You risk losing your points if this is abused.
Publicity. If you tick the publicity box you agree to us using your selfie and a few other details about your trip in the Clubs Facebook page. The details are likely to be the boat name and the destination. the aim is to publicise The Challenge but could help promote cruising and be a bit of fun as well. All trips are likely to be in the past so should not pose a security threat.